Subject: NetBSD/386 newbye + PS2 mouse problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jjgarcia@ind-cr.uclm.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/2000 11:21:39
Hi,

first I must really congratulate the NetBSD team for this wonderful
job. It only took me a few hours to install the NetBSD/i386 on this
laptop replacing the highly unstable Corel-Linux, and what's best, it
recognized all hardware, all PCMCIA, no problems with the network,
DHCP goes smooth for the first time...

Now only two questions.

1) This Toshiba works has a built in PS2 mouse. It works in W**. It works
with XFree86 under Linux. But in NetBSD I am having problems with it. The
sympthoms are as follows: I issue "startx" and as soon as I touch the
thing it slips to a side of the screen and nobody can take it from there.

2) I will probably try to build a kernel next week. I found that a
Spanish keyboard is missing and I love the console so I might even try
fixing this. Any hints?

Okay, just a third one.

3) I feared NetBSD would hang my PC, crash my HD and burn my nose, but
it works much better than I expected. This is why I am want it to take the
whole disk. Now the problem is I don't want to reinstall and my NetBSD
partition only takes 30% of the HD. Can I create a new NetBSD partition
with the rest and slice it? Or is there a way to resize a NetBSD partition?
Please suggest me the painless way.

Thanks in advance and a toast for NetBSD

	Juanjo

--
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll	www: http://est202.sub37.uclm.es/jjgarcia/index.html
Dpto. de Matematicas	job: jjgarcia@ind-cr.uclm.es