Subject: Re: Invalid partition table
To: Hans de Hartog <hans_de_hartog@hotmail.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/2000 10:04:16
>How do I fix the partition table???

what you've got is

>3: sysid 169 (NetBSD)
>    start 63, size 17849937 (8715 MB), flag 0x80
>        beg: cylinder    0, head   1, sector  1
>        end: cylinder 1023, head 255, sector 63

but your starting head and sector seem to be wrong, which is probably
what's confusing things.

run fdisk -i on that disk and tell it no, you don't want the change
what the bios thinks, and then, for each partition:

 * yes, you want to change the partition (if it's in use)
 * just keep all the defaults (fdisk will recalculate cyl/head/sector for you)
 * no, you don't want to explicitly specify beg/end address
 * yes, this entry is okay

then, tell it yes, write the new partition table.  doing this made the
netbsd boot selector work like a charm for me.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|