Subject: Re: PCIBIOS
To: UCHIYAMA Yasushi <uch@nop.or.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/27/2000 22:48:15
On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 02:41:50AM +0900, UCHIYAMA Yasushi wrote:
> Summary of this patch:
>  1. PCI IRQ
> 	PCIBIOS_IRQS changed to PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT. PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT is
> 	used when no IRQ guess. when at least 1 PCI device configured
> 	correctly, unused.
>  2. PCI I/O address
> 	New feature. When BIOS don't asign PCI I/O address space to device,
> 	allocate it without conflict.
>
> I want to merge. Any comments? objection?

It looks ok to me. What I'd eventually like to see is that PCIBIOS
becomes the default, and that, for example, the PCI mem and I/O extents
aren't destroyed when the fixup is done, but integrated with the main
i386 extents, and can be used with bus_space_alloc and the "rbus"
code in the cardbus code. The latter currently just assumes 2 values
that it can use to allocate memory for cardbus from, which is
Very Bad.

- Frank