Subject: Re: 100BaseT pcmcia cards?
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/2000 15:28:36
>What 100BaseT PCMCIA cards are supported on NetBSD -current?  The hardware
>list on www.netbsd.org lists vendor card numbers but those mean little to me
>except for '3c589'.  The host in question is a Thinkpad 560 (maybe it's a
>560E; I don't have it here with me); I have no idea whether or not it has
>Cardbus support.  I've attached the logfile output from the last reboot, when
>I upgraded to the -current of the day.

i have a 3c575 10/100 cardbus card that works.  i had to remove the
pcic stuff from my config file, change my bios from "auto-selected" to
"cardbus/16-bit", and accept the fact that pc cards would now panic
the machine, but it works.  for a touchy value of works.

i don't know of any 100 baset pc cards, just cardbus.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|