Subject: Re: recommended sound cards?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/2000 18:37:01
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 05:26:28PM -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> > Perry, could you describe the actions that cause the behaviour? I'm
> > digging in the audio system at the moment and I have a good setup for
> > testing things.
>
> For me, starting xmix and playing with volumes bars is enouth.

Just for the records: It didn't start with the midi changes (at least not for
me).
When the driver was available by the original author via ftp, it worked. It had
a few flaws when using it whith mtvp but that might as well been mtvp's fault.
When the driver got incoporated in the kernel tree, the problems started.
When i remember correctly, there were some changes to the original driver
(ac97 code was put in a seperate file, some openbsd changes...)

The driver never worked well after i started to use the in-tree version.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@bundy.lip.owl.de