Subject: boot floppy space crunch (again!)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/2000 11:06:07
I tried to build some boot floppies and discovered that things don't
fit at the moment.

I just checked in changes to -current distrib/i386/floppies to:
	- change how the ramdisk is sized so that you can actually
	  adjust the size of it in the makefile by tweaking a couple
	  variables.

	- disable building of bootfloppy-tiny, since it doesn't fit
	  any more.

I suspect the right answer for bootfloppy-tiny is to move to a 1.2MB
fdset-based scheme with a reduced kernel; I think the current bits
will likely fit on a 1.2MB floppy if fileysstem overhead is
eliminated.

					- Bill