Subject: RE: adaptech 2940U2W support in 1.4.2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/2000 18:42:40
> 	I ended up going with the latest snapshot on a Dell PE1300 server
> 	to get the Adaptec support. Modulus sysinst leaving an empty
> 	rc.conf on install its running _very_ nicely :)

I have Windows98 booting from an ide hdd, and I'd like to have NetBSD
set up to boot from a scsi drive I have attached to an Adaptech 2940U2W
in the same machine.  Right now I have the Host Adapter BIOS disabled
because whenever I enabled it, Windows98 seemed to get confused about
what the letter (label?, i.e., e: f: or g:) for the scsi hdd, a cdrom
attached to the same scsi adaptor, and an ide zip drive should be.

Question is, can I leave the adapter bios turned off, and use the
motherboard cmos settings to determine which drive, ide c: or scsi,
boots up?  Sorry for the newbie question.  TIA for help.

henry nelson