Subject: 20000416 snapshot crashees on 1gig L440GX+
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/2000 22:25:13
I tried Perry's latest snapshot on an Intel L440GX motherboard with 1
gig of RAM. It died when booting the install kernel, right after
printing the copyright message. Both the two-disk and the "tiny.fs"
died at the same point.

I tried building a non-install kernel with root on NFS, gzipped it,
and copied it onto a floppy over the tiny.fs kernel.  I got a message
about freeing a nonmanaged page, but I gave up before writing down
the stack trace.

Anyone seen anything like this? I can try pulling some memory tomorrow
and see if that changes things. Anyone else got ideas?

Also, anyone tried this snapshot on a machine wiht 2gigs of RAM?

NB: FreeBSD 3.3 and 3.4 work just fine on this same hardware, (it's
got a scsi disk and an IDE, freebsd is on the scsi) so I'm confident
the box itself is okay.