Subject: Re: NetBSD and routing
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/2000 22:58:35
[ On Sunday, April 9, 2000 at 13:40:42 (-0700), Brian de Alwis wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: NetBSD and routing
>
> Be careful with this: Rogers@Home does check for servers periodically.
> I was burned for running an older sendmail which allowed resending,
> and was cut-off until I stopped all and any servers. So I instead
> blocked all packets coming from Rogers. Same effect from their
> perspective :-)

It probably wasn't Rogers that did the checking in that case but rather
someone either testing for open relays (eg. ORBS), or perhaps even
someone actually routing spam through your server (did you check your
logs to see who found it first?).  In either case the result was
probably a complaint to <abuse@home.com> and I hear that eventually they
will act on at least some complaints....  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods