Subject: Re: installing from a different partition?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2000 04:45:22
On 07.04.00, 12:22:02, Mike Cheponis wrote:
> Hi, I've used Partition Magic to make 4 partitions on my 25G harddrive.
>
> The first one is for NetBSD, and the 4th one is LBA MSDOS (for w98).
>
> I've successfully loaded up w98, and I have put the required .tgz files in
> c:\netbsd
>
> My question: Is it possible to tell sysinst to look on a different partition
> and filesystem type for the .tgz files for install?

Exit to a shell, and try the mbrlabel command to create a virtual (i.
e. only in-core) disklabel for mbr partition table partitions.

ext2fs and msdos-partitions should show up in disklabel wd0 (or
whatever) afterwards and be mountable. Tell sysinst to use a mounted
filesystems then.

Unfortunately a friend had big time trouble with mbrlabel on both
1.4.2 and 1.4V, panicking the machine very reliably >-) . I could not
look into this in detail so there's no pr yet.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Resistance is NOT futile!
		-- Hubert Feyrer