Subject: Re: 1.4.2 Observations
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2000 01:34:52
On Aug 19,  6:28am, "Kevin P. Neal" wrote:
} On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 04:44:53AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
} > On Jul 12,  3:13pm, der Mouse wrote:
} > }
} > } Is this actually true?  I thought modern IDE interfaces were just as
} > } capable of "start it and forget it" operation as any SCSI interface.
} > } (And don't forget that SCSI interfaces demanding PIO exist, though
} > } quite possibly not for i386 machines.)
} >
} >      Many of the lower-end ISA cards are PIO.  The only ISA SCSI cards
} > that I know about that are bus-mastering are the Adaptec 154x and the
} > Buslogic cards.
}
} What about the Adaptec 1530P?

     I can't say with certainty.  I did some research to try to find
out just what that is and what chip was on it, but the results were
inconclusive.  As best I can tell, it is PIO.

}-- End of excerpt from "Kevin P. Neal"