Subject: Re: Problems with dual booting
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Mipam <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/2000 17:23:35
Hi,

Brrr, one of the hardware components of our mailserver gave up.
Got to replace it, anyway, i read your repley on the mailarchive.
So it seems you configured the bootmanager okay. You didnt change the idea of what the bios thinks right? So when you press F3 for netbsd you see a 3 and then nothing right? This sound like a problem with an incorrect partition table.
Looks to the part where the table thinks the netbsd slice starts isnt really the place. I had a very similair problem twice when i was playing around with bootmanagers :) I think the problem with booting netbsd will be fixed adjusting the partition table in the correct way. But first we need to know what it looks like now. Could you send the output of "fdisk /dev/rwd0d" ?
You can do this after you booted with the bootdisk to netbsd :)
Bye,

Mipam