Subject: Re: Problems with dual booting
To: Matthew T Bell <mtbell@eng.buffalo.edu>
From: Mipam <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2000 20:44:39
> Has anybody set up like a windows/NetBSD dual boot on say a 20gig
> Harddrive, I'm looking to splitting the drive in half 10gig for win and
> 10gig for NetBSD. Is there an kind of docs on setting up dual boot on
> larger drives.

It's easy to boot more os'ses from one disk.
Netbsd got a nice tool for this.
Of course, first divide the disk into several slices and install the os'ses you like. Next you can install the netbsd bootmanager, works great, can boot nearly all i believe. Do it like this:

Imagine you got an ide disk as first disk.
fdisk -i -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel wd0
disk -B wd0

Answer the questions needed and there ya go.
Btw, i must say this is an rtfm matter, on the netbsd pages it is nicely described. Hope it helps.
Bye,

Mipam.