Subject: Re: AOpen AW37 Soundcard
To: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2000 23:47:53
> Thanks, I would like to see your kernel config.  Regarding PnP, I was
> under the impression that NetBSD's PnP would only operate if the BIOS PnP
> support was disabled.  Should I enable the BIOS PnP and short out the OS
> support?

NetBSD's PnP support works either way. Actually it even works if there is no
PnP support in the BIOS available at all ;-)

NetBSD will ignore the settings the BIOS made if PnP is available in the BIOS.
This is a bug, but not that easy to fix (isapnp should attach to pnpbios in
this case and use the functions provided there to gather initial resource
information - and avoid the PnP reset it now does when attaching to isa).

Martin