Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4.2 Split disksets
To: None <simonb@netbsd.org, frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2000 15:21:56
Hi,

> I think that's a good idea, because it means that we don't have to go
> through the mess of making new floppies available. However, it should
> be mentioned in LAST_MINUTE that these last 2 or 3 files have been
> concatenated.

Hmm, if we go this route, the following things will have to be
concatenated:

	base.bw, base.bx, base.by	-> base.bw
	comp.bl, comp.bm		-> comp.bl
	man.ar, man.as			-> man.ar

(BTW, what about the rest of the X11 sets, i.e. xfont, xserver, xcontrib
and xcomp?  Why aren't they available as split sets?)

> Also, the source sets have split components, the same trick might have
> to be pulled there (I assume they grew too; let's hope that they did not
> grow more than 3 components).

No need to do anything to the source sets.  sysinst doesn't know about
those, and doesn't try to install them, so nothing knows about the number
of their components.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--