Subject: Re: Anyone recommend a good terminal type?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/2000 21:19:47
On Jul 3,  8:58am, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
} On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
}
} > I've installed ncurses-5.0 and dialog, but the default vt220 terminal
} > type defined in /etc/ttys does not support colour. Looking through
} > terminfo.src, I can't see any other obvious choices. I tried pc3, but it
} > doesn't have top-bit characters to display lines, etc.
}
} Actually, it's supposed to support color, but there's evidently some

     Why?  A real vt220 terminal doesn't have colour, so why should a
termcap/terminfo entry for a vt220 have colour definitions?  Wouldn't
it be better to use a more appropriate terminal type?

}-- End of excerpt from Frederick Bruckman