Subject: Re: Q. on kernel configuration
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/2000 01:57:47
<wulf@ping.net.au> (Berndt Josef Wulf) writes:

> I've got a couple of devices which I can't seem to get configured...
>
> Intel 82371AB Power Management Controller (PIIX4) (miscellaneous
> bridge, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 4 function 3 not configured

I believe this is part of the ACPI facility of the PIIX4 chipset. We
don't have any suport for that yet, so it's going to remain not
configured.

> The other device is my AWE64 soundblaster card which gets initialized
> and configured with one exception:
> isapnp0: <Creative SB AWE64 PnP, CTL0022, , WaveTable> port 0x620/4
> not configured

Again, part of the widget we don't support (wavetable synthesis; the
parts we do support are the direct digital audio, the MIDI interface,
the joystick, and a pseudo-MIDI interface to the FM synth).

        - Nathan