Subject: 2nd ide hd not detected
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/2000 00:39:59
Hi,

I've got an old i486 machine with one ide disk, booting
from SCSI (ide-disk ist disabled in the BIOS).

Now I got a 2GB ide disk, and I thought I could use it in this machine.

So I put it into the machine, making the new one the slave and the other
one
the master on the ide bus.

Both are disabled in the BIOS, as I need to boot from the SCSI disk.

NetBSD (current, about 3 weeks ago and older version) only detects
the master disk (wd0), no wd1 :-(

wd0 is an old Conner 100MB disk, the new one (supposed wd1)
is a rather new Quantum Fireball.

How can I get NetBSD to detect the new disk?

The BIOS and a tested Linux boot disk detect the 2 ide
disks OK, so it isn't a hardware/cabling problem.

Thanks for any help,
chris