Subject: Re: Using dosboot ?
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2000 23:21:02
Robert Elz wrote:

> If they're able to netboot, I haven't been able to figure out how.

While I can't offer any suggestions as to why the kernels you've got
don't boot, for netboot you could try something similar to what I have
my "NT only" work peecee do - I've got a DOS floppy with an autoexec.bat
that calls netboot.com.  You'd have to build a netboot.com for your
particular ethernet card type(s).  You've said that the bios doesn't
support the LS120s, but putting netboot.com on your windows C: drive
should work.  Then again, netboot.com and dosboot.com probably use the
same or similar mechanism to execute the kernel, so you may still be
out of luck.

Simon.