Subject: bioscall(9) question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: PER4MANCE, J. Dolecek <jdolecek@per4mance.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2000 09:41:16
Hi,
for proper detection of MCA bus, I need to get some data an
int returns (besides register state)
Namely, int 15 (with AH = 0xc0) (if it succeeds) puts about 16B
of data at ES:SI.

One approach would be get somehow pointer to the memory where
the real stack was and get the data directly off there - assuming
that the contents of the memory where real stack was is not
corrupted by return to protected mode. It would also be possible to pass
bioscall a pointer to where the data should
be put - bioscall would then copy the data from the place
where real stack was to the my buffer.

Is there some better approach or a way to achieve what I need ?
I don't know assembler very well :(

Jaromir