Subject: Re: Any NetBSD'ers with a Netpliance Iopener?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/2000 21:28:51
At 04:33 AM 3/12/00 +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>Laine Stump wrote:
>
>> At 10:09 PM 3/11/00 -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>> >
>> >I have a Linksys USB10T also, and it works pretty decent.
>>
>> The DLink is the cheapest one locally ($40). Anyone know if it uses one of
>> the supported chips (I guess I could just go buy one and find out ...)
>
>Yes.  If you look at the man pages you can see that it's supported.

Yep, now that I know which devices to look at (aue, cue, kue - they aren't
mentioned in man 4 usb (unless my man pages are out of date), but are given
at http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/usb.html) I won't have to bother anyone
anymore.

As a matter of fact, I found an SMC 10/100 (actual 10/12 ;-) USB ethernet
on buy.com for less ($29), and it appears to be supported, so I ordered it
instead (buy.com is having another "free shipping weekend" until midnight
tonight).