Subject: Re: Any NetBSD'ers with a Netpliance Iopener?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/11/2000 18:01:05
On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 05:51:33PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:

 > Well, if you get the USB Ethernet working, maybe you can make it net
 > boot and not have to worry about the 2.5" drive!  :)

You need to load the kernel from somewhere... Plus, it's not clear that
mounting root from USB Ethernet is going to work yet... (the discovery
thread takes a while to find everything on my laptop, for example...)

Regarding which one... the Linksys and NetGear USB Ethernet dongles work
pretty well... I know someone who has a Linksys, and I have a NetGear.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>