Subject: Re: Storing/Playing music
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2000 10:55:21
Laine Stump wrote:

> I'm now halfway through my first encoding with bladeenc - I never realized
> it would be so incredibly slow! The resulting stuff plays properly on
> Winamp on my PC though, so I'm happy. (If cdparanoia would just do cddb
> lookups and name the files accordingly like cdd does; guess I'll need to
> make a script that grabs the names with cddbd...)

I've been using "grip" can manage the rip (via cdparanoia), cddb lookup,
and
the encoding (via lame). Once I figured out how to get it compiled, and
poked
through bugs related to my CD-ROM drive I was very happy with it.

	http://www.nostatic.org/grip/

(You'll have to use/install the GNU Pth pthread library, the MIT pthread
library doesn't seem to work with this code)

	Thanks.

	- Scott