Subject: Re: Storing/Playing music
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2000 13:39:48
At 05:04 PM 3/10/00 +0000, Ian Fry wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 12:00:32PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
>> * cdparanoia - no matter what command I give, it says:
>>
>>     # cdparanoia -vQ -g /dev/cd0a
>>     Testing /dev/cd0a for SCSI interface
>>             generic device: /dev/cd0a
>>             ioctl device: /dev/cd0a
>>     Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>>   I'm going to dig into this with gdb unless someone already knows the
>> problem.
>
>I got this too, until I tried using /dev/cd0d, and then it all started
>working, at which point I stopped trying to find the problem.

Yep, that did the trick! (This is why a webpage would be so nice; or maybe
just some quick NetBSD-specific instructions in the manpage, or in the
DESCR file of the package or something).

I'm now halfway through my first encoding with bladeenc - I never realized
it would be so incredibly slow! The resulting stuff plays properly on
Winamp on my PC though, so I'm happy. (If cdparanoia would just do cddb
lookups and name the files accordingly like cdd does; guess I'll need to
make a script that grabs the names with cddbd...)