Subject: Re: How refer to groups in /etc/ftpchroot?
To: Allan Edgard Silva Freitas <allan@cefetba.br>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2000 23:21:28
"Allan Edgard Silva Freitas" writes:
> Hi NetBSD folks,
>
> I'd like to know how can I use only the group names in /etc/ftpchroot to
> restrict access by ftp only to the home directory of the users in NetBSD
> 1.41, I can see that if I use on FreeBSD 3.3 @ before the groupname in this
> file  it works, but it doesn't work under NetBSD. I can do this using
> WU-Ftpd in NetBSD too, but I dislike to use WU-Ftpd so someone can help me?

Not in NetBSD 1.4.1.

I've added that feature in NetBSD-current's ftpd, which will appear in
NetBSD 1.5. The syntax is `:groupname allow' in /etc/ftpchroot.

I may finish a low-priority project called `lukemftpd', which will be a
port of NetBSD-current's ftpd to other systems (including older NetBSD's).