Subject: Re: NFS server hangs under 1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2000 15:00:12
On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 07:44:09AM -0600, Richard Pennington wrote:
> I just installed 1.4.1 on a PIII600 with a vr ethernet card.
                                             ^^
> I am using a lot of NFS tranfers to copy files from a 1.4
> system (PII333, same ethernet card).

> First try: mount 1.4 filesystem on 1.4.1 box, start big nfs transfer
> with some large (>100MB) files. Tar (on 1.4.1 system) from 1.4 to
> 1.4.1 system failed twice. Just stopped or slowed down a lot. Pings
> went from negligible to >10000 and very sporatic.
>
> The first time I got a couple of missing interrupt messages from
> the vr driver.
[...]
Maybe that's the bug in the vr driver I pr'd as kern/7948:
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=7948

I think it's either fixed in current or will be fixed in the near
future (see pr) - I have replaced my vr with an epic NIC for my
NFS usage so I can't tell ATM.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.