Subject: Modem problem?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dominic Jones <dominicj@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2000 19:08:51
	My internal modem works under NetBSD on i386. However, it it very
slow compared to its performance under another OS. My average transfer
speed appears to be about 0.5-1 kilobyte per second. Even assuming the
modem on the other end is a 28.8, this seems unreasonably slow; under the
other OS, I routinely got transfer rates around 2.5-3 kilobytes per
second, connecting to the same modem.
	As far as I can tell, the only speed setting needed is in the
/etc/ppp/options.tty0<num> file, which I have set to 57600 (my modem is a
57.6).
	Any suggestions? My configuration files are pretty much vanilla,
as obtained from the various sources of documentation. The modem is a
generic internal V.90.

Dominic R. Jones
The University of Utah
jonesd@acm.org