Subject: Re: Yamaha DS-XG Legacy Sound system
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2000 01:31:40
Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org> writes:

> > Unfortunately, that document is low on programming information... you
> > might be able to use it to get the device into ISA SB compatability
> > mode, but not much else.
>
> It is a bit sketchy on information, but when I looked it I was kinda
> guessing that the gaps could be filled in quite easily by someone who
> understood how PCI was supposed to work. I'm probably quite wrong, though.

Sadly, that's not enough. The missing information includes such
crucial (but highly chip-specific) tidbits as how to start native DMA
to the device, how to configure its sample rate converter, or even how
to communicate with the AC97 codec.

I'll try calling Yamaha tomorrow and see if I can get a hold of any
real programming information.

        - Nathan