Subject: Re: Yamaha DS-XG Legacy Sound system
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/29/2000 09:56:09
<steven_grunza@ieee.org> (Steven Grunza) writes:

> I'm running NetBSD-1.4.2_ALPHA on a Dell XPS T600.  The built-in sound
> card is identified under Windows98 as a "Yamaha DS-XG Legacy Sound
> System and PCI Audio CODEC".
>
> NetBSD's dmesg reports "Yamaha product 0x000d (audio multimedia,
> revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 12 function 0 not configured"
>
> Does anyone know if this device is supported in NetBSD?  If not, is
> anyone working on it?

We don't seem to even know what it is, much less have a driver for
it. I did a little digging on Yamaha's site(s) and couldn't turn up
anything that was PCI and "DS-XG", much less anything with a PCI
product id of 0xd (I did find 0x12, though). So I'd hazard a guess
that nobody's working on a NetBSD driver for this.

        - Nathan