Subject: Soundcards & Volume
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <Meerwaldt@t-online.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/25/2000 18:32:00
Hi all,

I have just installed NetBSD, and now I have problems with my Soundcard (I
tried out the Creative Labs Soundblaster SoundBlaster 16 PnP (ISA) and the ESS
Solo-1 (PCI), but both have the same problem). I have compiled the Kernel (For
the ESS the -current from 21 (?) Feb 2000, for the SB the Standard 1.4.1
Kernel) with support for the soundcard. If I play a MP3 with MPG123, I have
only _VERY_ low volume. I almost can't hear it. I havn't installed an
X-Windows, because I couldn't get it to work. (Do I have to install a
Windowmanager, or something first? I tried out 2 Video Cards (supported)
configured them with xf86config, but I always get Explicit Kill or Server
shutdown..... at startx). Is there a Mixer Program for the Command Prompt? I
think, that the Mixer Volume is very low.

P L E A S E    H E L P!!!

--
Best regards,
	Freddy

Homepage: fmeerwaldt.homepage.com
ATTENTION: Updated Content since February 5th! 3 HowTo's available. Useful
Content. Check it out!