Subject: X from a serial console machine?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2000 17:39:01
Can anyone tell me what contortions I need to go through to be able
to run X (to a video card) on a machine which is booted with a serial
console?  When I try to start the X server, even after setting
wscons to YES in rc.conf, it won't start.

This is on 1.4.2_ALPHA, port-i386

suggestions appreciated...

(incidentally, does anyone know of a commandline utility to either hide
the mouse pointer, or zoom it to a set of coordinates?  I'm setting
up this machine as display-only, and the mouse pointer needs to be moved
offscreen without having a mouse actually attached)

Thanks,
+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz