Subject: Re: DDB problem (update)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/21/2000 23:30:51
On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 07:42:29PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 01:56:02PM +0100, Federico Lupi wrote:
> > I am using 1.4.1 with a kernel from a snapshot between 1.4.1 and
> > 1.4.2 (around Oct 1999.)
> >
> > I am trying to use the in-kernel debugger DDB for the first time.
> > When I press Ctrl-Alt-Esc I enter the debugger and get the prompt.
> > If I press 'c', then <Enter> twice, sometimes I get back to the
> > shell prompt but most of the times the machine is dead and I have
> > to reset it.
> > Am I doing something wrong?
>
> No. I don't think so. I do this regulary, and never got any problem
> (although I ususally do other stuffs like ps, tr, etc ... before 'c').
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr
> --

I tried compiling a kernel with pccons instead of wscons and the
problem disappeared.  Back to my usual wscons kernel and the problem
was here again. I tried this step because I had the feeling
that the problem was keyboard related, but maybe I'm wrong.

I am using wscons with the Italian keyboard configuration (compiled
in); everything seems to work well except for Ctrl-Alt-Esc.

Any idea is appreciated.

--
Federico Lupi

Home page