Subject: PCMCIA ethernet
To: NetBSD-Port i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/2000 15:57:49
Folks,

I have a beaten up old 4MB 486DX2-66 laptop at home, which currently
runs NetBSD-1.0.  I'd like to bring it up to date, but if I'm going
to bother I'd probably want to put it on the network.

Obviously, I want to spend practically no money on this machine ;-).
I've been very briefly browsing for cheapo PCMCIA 10MBs ethernet
cards, and have so far come up with

  D-Link  DE-660CT
  NetGear FA410

The NetGear is slightly pricier, but I've never had any problem
with NetGear products & they do come in a rather fetching shade of blue.

Anyway, my question is...  Does -current (I'm building a custom distrib
for this machine on my -current desktop machine) support either
of the above cards?  I have no idea what chipsets they use, so can't
divine it from the supported-cards-list.

If they are, anyone know which driver it is?  I'm trying to remove
as many drivers as humanly possible from my custom kernel for this
machine (with only 4MB RAM, it's obvious why :*).

If not, any recommendations for cheap&nasty PCMCIA ethernet cards?

Thanks a lot,
Tim.

--
Tim Walls