Subject: Etherlink III Network card problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/2000 11:55:12
I'm running NetBSD 1.4O on a IBM thinkpad 560x.  It dual boots
with Windows 95.  My network card is the 3Com Etherlink III with
modem.  (I have not ever been able to talk to the modem, but that
is a different issue.)

NetBSD used the network part of the card just fine for a long time.
Just recently, I needed to get Windows 95 talking on the net also,
and in the process of getting Windows to talk on the net (removing
the entire driver and reinstalling) I managed to get it so NetBSD
doesn't even find the card.  I get the boot message:

pcmcia1 at pci0 controller 0 socket 1

But nothing else!  And the card is plugged into socket 1.
I should be seeing both the network card and a com port.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any help?

--
Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu