Subject: Re: Slow 486 seems really slow
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/15/2000 09:58:19
Just my US$0.02 but is your system paging during the compile?  vmstat
should give you enough info to check.  I couldn't build a 1.4.1 kernel on a
386SX16 with 8MB of RAM.  Adding memory to get to around the 12MB level
allowed a compile to complete but I don't remember how long it took.

Steven Grunza
steven_grunza@ieee.org