Subject: Re: Release goo for 1.4.2_ALPHA
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2000 12:56:58
>> No ideas - sorry, but I should point out that in the 7 years that
>> I've been using NetBSD I've probably done _one_ install that did not
>> use NFS.

> Same here. I *never* do ftp installs

Hmm, I don't think I've ever used NFS when doing an install.  My first
install on a new architecture has been done either from a vendor OS
(eg, SunOS on a SPARC) or from floppies; other installs have always
been done by putting the new machine's disk on an already-installed
machine and installing onto it there.  (Just another data point.)

But I too see nothing wrong with two-floppy install sets, and indeed
having NFS available strikes me as worth putting up with the second
floppy for, especially since we'll probably need that other floppy soon
enough anyway.  (Though we might consider a p-code "architecture" that
could compress code greatly, at the price of speed.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca