Subject: Weirder and weirder.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2000 02:15:31
Okay, so, if I set my BIOS to reserve 64k at 0xC0000, and then compile
a kernel with pcic at 0xC0000, pcic doesn't probe.

If I try to reserve C8000 or higher, my PCI SCSI card doesn't get probed.

If I set the BIOS for 0xC0000, and the pcic at 0xC8000, the ray0 probes,
but I can't ping from one to the other, even at not-that-great a range.

They both "ifconfig" fine, but the one in the desktop (the one I've had
so much trouble configuring) can't seem to arp the one in the laptop.  (The
one in the laptop has an arp entry for the one in the desktop.)

The only obvious difference is one says "scopeid 0x10" and the other says
"scopeid 0xc" in the inet6 line, but I'm not trying to use inet6.

-s