Subject: Re: Suggestions for a PCMCIA Network card <1.4.1>
To: Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1999 00:11:34
Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@bellsouth.net> writes:

> I need some suggestions for PCMCIA Network cards.

As far as I know there are support for NE2000 clones, various 3Com
cards, and cards based on a Fujitsu ethernet chip. I have experience
with ne and ep cards, and I would probably recommend a ne based. The
D-Link DE-650 have worked fine for me (I mostly use CardBus cards
nowadays).

> it'sa Xircom card but I'm pretty sure it's not supported.

Not right now, no. Exactly what card is it that you have? I know a
number of people would like to see a Xircom driver, so perhaps someone
will port one of the Free- or OpenBSD drivers.

/Johan