Subject: Add to CURRENT report#8331 patch for 3COM-3CCFEM556B 10/100Ether+Modem PCMICA card!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/1999 05:24:21
Greetings:

Sorry for not following up with this sooner, I've been quite busy
working much of the last three months in China, Australia, and the
Phillipeans.

Anyways, during all of this time, I have been using the patch in
report #8331, which provides support for the 3COM 3CCFEM556B 10/100
Ether+Modem PCMICA card.  This patch, and this 3COM PCMCIA card has
been functioning rock solid with NetBSD 1.4.1.  In addition, this
patch does not affect support for the other 3COM PCMCIA 10baseT
ethernet cards.  I can use the 3COM 3CCFEM556B PCMCIA card or any of
the other 3COM PCMCIA cards, already supported with NetBSD, with the
same kernel.

Having access to both 100baseT networks and modem PPP has been in
valuable to me.  So has this wonderful patch been placed into
NetBSD-Current yet?  If not, why not, and when will it be included?
This patch should be included in current and the next NetBSD releases
(1.4.2?), and enabled in GENERIC.

I know that the cardbus patches have been placed into current.  And
considering how stable the report #8331 patch is, I cannot find any
reason why this patch isn't in current as well.

I especially want to thank Ryoji Kato for creating this patch, and
Michael Santos for helping me impliment it on my NetBSD 1.4.1 kernel.
The patch is available at:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=8331

Thanks again.  Sincerely, Alicia.