Subject: Re: X cards - two heads?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/22/1999 14:45:02
> > I've never done it on an Intel box (this *is* port-i386); I've done it
> > relatively often on other hardware, usually Suns.

I have done this on some other versions of Unix on the i386 (ISC, SCO,
Unixware).  It's been a while, but we had more problems with getting the
video cards to coexist (video BIOS problems, IIRC) than with getting our
custom X server to run and use each display.

At least back then (again, IIRC ;-) you couldn't drag windows between
displays or have windows straddle them.  Except on one server that I
built that had one virtual screen on two identical cards giving a
3072x2048x1 display.

-allen