Subject: Re: Floppy drive detection problem
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/1999 15:34:01
Okay, this is starting to weird me out.  I disabled the 1.2MB drive and
left the 1.44 MB drive alone; I tried using /dev/fd0b, but the 1.2MB drive
started seeking/spinning/etc.

Does the placement of the floppy drives along the cable make a difference
at all?  I ask this because I think the 1.4MB drive is actually second on
the chain, but is/was defined as the first floppy when I got the computer.

--fission