Subject: Re: cardbus - anyone using this?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/1999 21:52:04
   I've tried this a handful of times, and it works for at least some cards.
   Anyone else trying it?  Having luck, good or bad?  If anyone's working on
   this, and wants test cases, feel free to drop me a line; I'd love to have
   just one kernel that works with all my cards.  ;)

   -s

I am using a 3c575B in my Toshiba 3015CT notebook, a cardbus 10/100
ethernet card.  It works pretty well, except for media changing which
seems to be somewhat non-functional in that driver.  I also have a PCMCIA
Linksys NE2000 clone and a PCMCIA 3COM modem, with the NE2000 attaching
the pcmcia to cardbus.  Ejecting or inserting the ethernet cards usually
results in a panic.  I seem to be able to insert and remove the modem
without any problems.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]