Subject: Re: Consoles
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/1999 16:00:37
On  3 Dec, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> Not all the world is i386, alpha or whichever port has wscons support.
Sure. Most of my machines do not have wscons. (sun3, sparc, pmax, mac68,
hp300.)

> So do NOT make it the default until all ports use wscons.
And the other ports, that already have wscons, shoud wait for virtual
consoles by default until all ports have wscons?

> This has do be done in sysinst for the ports which have wscons.
This is what I meant: If there is wscons on the specific port, virtual
consoles should be enabled via sysinst by default.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen