Subject: Re: amanda and netbsd1.4.1
To: None <kent@goathill.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@Melog.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1999 10:28:38
At 01:03 01.12.99 +0000, Kent Polk wrote:
>After I upgreaded to NetBSD 1.4.1,  I started getting permission
>errors from amanda. I changed no config files and amanda worked
>fine before the upgrade. Error:
>
>ERROR: (host): [access as backup not allowed from backup@(host)]

Is this literal, or have you substituted "(host)"?

>I tried running ktrace but after the amcheck
>binary is located, there's nothing more recorded in the dump file.

Have you looked at the "-d" and "-i" flags of ktrace?

>I then reinstalled (upgraded) amanda and tried again, but get the
>same error. Any ideas on what the 1.4.1 upgrade could have changed
>to cause this error? Again, none of the config files changed and
>all permissions appear to be correct.

I use the Amanda pkg on a NetBSD 1.3.3 box (client) and a 1.4.1 box
(client/server) and never had any problems. Might be worth a try, before
you fumble in the dark for too long.  ;)

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg