Subject: amanda and netbsd1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Polk <kent@tiamat.goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1999 01:03:04
After I upgreaded to NetBSD 1.4.1,  I started getting permission
errors from amanda. I changed no config files and amanda worked
fine before the upgrade. Error:

ERROR: (host): [access as backup not allowed from backup@(host)]

I checked everything the FAQ and other sources indicate and can't
find anything wrong.  I tried running ktrace but after the amcheck
binary is located, there's nothing more recorded in the dump file.

I then reinstalled (upgraded) amanda and tried again, but get the
same error. Any ideas on what the 1.4.1 upgrade could have changed
to cause this error? Again, none of the config files changed and
all permissions appear to be correct.

(Any way to ktrace the amanda server?)