Subject: Re: kernel panic: what next?
To: Lazaro D. Salem <lazaro@online.no>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/1999 16:47:44
On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 08:09:20PM +0100, Lazaro D. Salem wrote:
> Anybody can help with this?
> I am trying to run NEtBSD 1.4.1 on a i486/DX2
> but the kernel panics at boot time:
> sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq drq 1: dsp v3.01
				^^^
It's odd that there's no number there.

> omms0 at isa0 port 0x23c-0x23f irq 5
> panic: intr_establish: irq 5 can't share edge-triggered with pulsed
> Stopped in at _Deebugger+0x4: leave
> db>
> ---------------
> Can this be avoided?
> At IRQ 5 I have the PS/2 mouse ((connected to the graphic card:ATI Graphics ULTTRA w/Mach 8)

You have two ISA devices trying to share irq 5. Check your BIOS for
options to move one of them, or jumpers/config floppy in the case
of non-motherboard devices.

Depending on what you move, the device may not be recognized on it's new
settings. Take a look at the GENERIC kernel config to see what's built in,
otherwise you may need to build your own.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me