Subject: RE: Simultaneous ppp connections
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Bell <mtbell@mb1.dial.servtech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/1999 01:17:58
>Not sure what you're looking for - both your isdn and analog modem seem to
>have the same definition in your query.  Can you clarify a little?   ;o)
>
>CU! Mike.

I have a static ip address and an isdn line. Due to the high priced isdn
connection cost I cannot connect to my isp(with the static ip) using the
isdn line. Alternately I was granted the opportunity to connect to another
isp using the isdn line for free. I want to utilize the isdn line for home
internet use only(Ex: like when I am online I want to have the benafit of
isdn connection speed.). I also want to connect at the same time to my
isp(with the static ip) with the analogue modem so I can access my computer
by using my static ip address. I want the isdn conenction set for sending
and recieving packets, as for the analogue line connected to the static ip
just set for accepting remote connections( like telneting in to the machine
from somewhere else).

I thought it should be set up by simply putting the defaultroute into the
options.tty* file for the isdn modem.

mb1# route show
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination               Gateway            Flags
default                   remote isdn ip     UG
10.0.0.0                  link#1             U
compaq                    0:20:78:14:dc:bf   UH
Bird                      0:40:5:6d:c2:22    UH
10.0.0.255                link#1             UH
localhost.servte          127.0.0.1          UH
remote isdn domain        local isdn ip      UH
remote static ip domain   my static ip       UH

I would figure that when I dial into my isp(with the static ip) that it
would accept remote connections over that ppp* pseudo-device.

Hope this clarifys it a little

-Matt