Subject: DISKLESS
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/1999 18:08:36
Hi!

I'm trying to set up a diskless system. Well, sort of anyway. I want to
have the diskless kernel on a disk, but after that mount all disks from a
server. NFS seems to work fine with another box, but not the semi diskless
one. When booting that kernel with dosboot.com everything seems fine until
mounting the root partition.

Cannot mount root, error =3D 49
root device (default ne0):

if I press return here and on the coming questions I just get back to
error=3D49. Where to read about those errors? Or any other suggestion? Is i=
impossible to use the DISKLESS kernel config to run such a semidiskless
system?

All this using 1.4.1, on two boxes with the same hardware, so that should
be no problem.

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se