Subject: Re: Adaptec 1502
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/17/1999 09:41:08
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Thomas Klausner wrote:

: Is it correct that the Adaptec 1502, an ISA SCSI controller that comes
: (came?) with some hardware, e.g. scanners, is not supported by NetBSD?

The 1502E (aka the "Zip Zoom" card, an external-port-only Adaptec 1502) is
supported by the aic* driver; I used it as early as 1.2C.

You do have to make sure the card is using the appropriate IO port and IRQ
compared to the kernel config (which defaults to 0x340, irq 11 on NetBSD,
NOT the same as what my Zip Zoom had from the factory).

: If not, I will probably have to go out and buy a cheap SCSI
: controller.

1502 cards *are* cheap SCSI controllers... both in price and ability.  <g>

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)