Subject: Re: problems with 3ComC589D
To: None <tino@wildenhain.de>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/1999 11:04:25
In message <381DD5FA.4FA1C599@wildenhain.de>,
Tino Wildenhain writes:

>Hello,
>
>I want to use a 3Com C589D with NetBSD 1.4.1
>After commenting out most of the lines I get
>The card fully identified as ep0, it uses
>irq 5. But I can only send packets (i.e.
>erp-entry appears on the target host), but
>I dont receive any.

Classic symptoms of using an IRQ that doesn't work for your PCMCIA
controller. Your (laptop?) motherboard is likely routing IRQ5
somewhere special, perhaps for sound. The fix is to build a new
kernel with PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK set to exclude irq5.

If the card works fine under Windows, what IRQ does the windows
hardware resource manager say it's using?